Abstracts are now CLOSED!
Further communication will be sent to all submitters late September 2023
PLEASE NOTE; Free papers are for nurses only.
Accepted presenters for oral papers will be given a £75 reduction from their delegate registration fee, further information will be sent to all accepted authors.
Accepted authors will be given a 15 minute slot on Monday 20th November to present their paper using PowerPoint. Each 15 minute slot should compromise of a ten minute talk with five minutes for Q&A.
Posters will be displayed at the event and on the app in the form of a PDF which should be sent to email@example.com by no later than Monday 23rd October 2023.
Instructions to Authors
For those who wish to deliver a paper or poster during the conference they must submit an abstract. Before doing so, please read the following information as it will influence the format for the submission.
1. The person delivering the poster or oral presentation must be a registered delegate attending the conference.
2. Abstracts must be submitted via the online abstract portal.
3. Type clearly in English, using single spacing.
4. You will be asked to supply the title, author names and organisations, and your abstract text.
5. Topic selection - please select either ‘Clinical Practice Issue’ or ‘Research Study’.
6. Conflict of interest - you will also be asked to indicate any conflict of interest e.g. project funded by a commercial company.
7. Presenters opting for an oral presentation should note that an unsuccessful abstract may be invited as a poster presentation.
8. Please enter your abstract without alterations or corrections, and ensure that your work has been thoroughly proofed before submission. The maximum word count is 250 words.
9. The presentation title should be no longer than 30 words.
10. All abbreviations should be defined in their first occurrence.
11. Accepted abstracts for poster or oral presentations will be published in the programme and proceedings of the conference.
BAUN understand how daunting preparing and presenting your work can be. We encourage everyone to take that step and share their knowledge with others. Below are some documents which may assist you with your submission and we hope that this makes the process easier for you.
Submitting an abstract and what to do if you are accepted
Below is the link to a document which will provide you with as much information as we can, at this stage. This document will give you the information you require to prepare your submission including; how to set up your document, and the best font sizes and formats.
If you are using Internet Explorer and the link provided above does not work, please copy and paste the link into your browser address bar and hit return. If this still does not work this is due to the increased security on the registration website being incompatibles with your NHS browser which is caused by low security settings on your NHS server. To counteract this please paste the link into a Google Chrome or Firefox web browser.
If you are still experiencing difficulties please contact us on 01506 292042 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org