The British Association of Urological Nurses is a registered charity which aims to promote and maintain the highest standards in the practice and development of urological nursing and urological patient care. The charity’s objects are specifically restricted to the promotion of the advancement of education in urological nursing and urological patient care for the benefit of the community as a whole, and in particular the provision of training courses, endorsement schemes, education materials, meetings and conferences
Who is the Association for?
The Association provides information to professionals working in urological nursing and provides a mutual network of support to urological nurse specialists and others working in urology. Membership of BAUN offers opportunities to participate in the development of the profession and to help improve patient care.
Aims of BAUN
- To help to improve the care of urological patients in all healthcare settings
- To organise conferences and study days to help educate urological nurses
- To provide educational materials including guidelines, websites, newsletters for BAUN members
- To provide personal development opportunities for BAUN Members through involvement in running the association
- To influence the urological healthcare agenda
- To work with collaboratively other organisations to the benefit of patients